Frequenly Asked Questions
What about electricity?
Lodgings have electricity available on varying levels:
- Plug In Power – full grid power with electric outlets throughout the lodging.
- Hybrid Power – Power for lighting, television, and internet only. No outlets or appliances. read more
- Low Power – Power for water heater, propane fireplace, and internet. No outlets or appliances. read more
- Freedom Tent – Freedom Tents are ‘off-grid’ lodgings. There are no electric outlets available in or near these tents. read more
- Tipi -This is an ‘off-grid’ lodging. There are no electric outlets available in or near the tipi. read more
Is there WiFi?
Yes. There is WiFi Internet available in all lodgings and throughout much of the property.
Can we make a fire?
Yes. Every lodging has its own outdoor wood-burning firepit.
Weather permitting, campfires in your lodging’s firepit are happily encouraged.
Our only request is that you do so safely, and follow local restrictions on firewood.
Pests on wood from outside the damage trees. Please follow the State of California’s ‘Buy it Where you Burn it’ policy.
Please do not bring firewood up the mountain. We supply each lodging with one load of firewood at no charge, and offer more for sale on site.
More information on California Firewood Policy: firewood.ca.gov
What about parking?
You’ll find convenient vehicle parking near or adjacent all lodgings
What is your Cancellation / Refund Policy?
Severe weather, environmental, or personal reasons may cause you to need to postpone or cancel your stay. If you are unable to keep your current reservation for any reason the following terms will apply:
- Cancellations made within 12 hours of booking will be refunded provided the booking was made at least 36 hours prior to arrival.
- Cancellations made at least 7 days prior to scheduled check-in will also be eligible for a full refund or credit at the guest’s request.
- Bailey’s is not obligated to offer a refund or credit for cancellations made within 7 days of your scheduled arrival. We will however, attempt to resell your booking and will refund any monies collected for your reservation dates up to your full booking amount.
What is there to do on the mountain?
Explore our many private acres of beautiful forest on hiking trails that wind throughout the property. Fish in your choice of 3 ponds stocked with bass, bluegill, and catfish. Visit our farm animals. Sled on private hillsides (snow required). Kayak, paddle-board, swim, on the Big Pond. Bike ride on the property and off. Play Tennis or basketball on the Sunday School Flat Court (spring and summer) Stargaze on a clear summer night. Sit around the campfire and enjoy the evening with friends.
For larger groups we can also arrange a private Pavilion Pizza Party using our wood burning stone oven, paintball games, horseback trail riding, archery, tomahawk throwing, square dancing, massages, and spa services.
More, not-to-be-missed experiences on the mountain are Palomar State Park and Historic Sites and Caltech’s Palomar Observatory (check with the Observatory for hours of operation).
How do we get to Bailey’s?
Communication signal can be interrupted at points during your drive. We recommend using Google Maps for navigation instead of Waze.